Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Photoshop Poster of Me

Our assignment today was to take a close look at combining our recent learned information about the Photoshop tools and the three C's of design (components, composition, and concept).We also took a look at the golden ratio.


The line at the top is a steep contrast to the rest of the image. The top row is separated from the rest of the image using the golden ratio; as is the middle section. There are very few distinct line within the image to show that may parts of my life overlap and affect the other aspects of my being. The lines are drawn clearly throughout the inside images but none of them are shape creating the imagery. The components are many images that are a part of me. The composition shows that each of the items are related. The concept is that this is my life now but things can change.

This image utilizes these ideas as well as tells a story of me and my life. It represents the beginning of a timeline. My birth year id the focus of the top line and is some of the only text in the image. Below, follow a row of things that are dear to me in my life, a cross representing my faith and an image of my parents representing family. The rest of the image is dedicated to interests and accomplishments that I have in my life. The very bottom ends abruptly, with no change from the rest of the image, signifying that my life is not complete and there is much to come below where I am now. This poster could be continued in the future to track involvement in new activities as well as be edited with details of my childhood. This is only a snapshot of what the poser could hold and what my life does hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment